Welcome friends and family of Alex and Dane!




This Blog has been created by friends and family of Alex and Dane as they make their way down the road to recovery, after being struck by lightning 10/5/2010. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers as this road will likely be a long one. Feel free to check back often for status updates on both Alex and Dane, and be sure and leave your well-wishes when you visit. The boys will be shown this blog when they are awake.

We sincerely Thank You for your concern and friendship. Alex and Dane will always remember the support of friends and family like you.

Monday, February 21, 2011

Monday 2-21-11

Alex has been working hard on school work the past two weeks.  He still isn't back to school but is doing Packets to finish his last few credits.  Last week I went to a planning meeting for Grad Night at the High School, its just around the corner (May 24th).  As I sat there listening to all the fabulous creative ideas the Chairs of Grad Night had come up with, I thought, even though I'm so tired and would love to be sleeping right now after a long day at work.  I'm so happy to have Alex alive and able to plan for this big night.
Alex doesn't have to go to as many doctors appointments anymore, which is nice, but now he doesn't have as much to keep him busy and entertained, today made for a long day.  He misses his lunch dates and visits with his Grandparents.
Alex has always been close to my parents, even though they live in Phoenix.  Since the strike, they have spent over nine weeks helping him/us, my dad was know at UMC and Dixie Hospital as "Grandpa".   Two weeks ago they had to go home for my mom to have some medical tests.  The test came back bad..... My moms cancer that started in her breasts eleven years ago, spread to her bones two years ago, and has now spread again.  It will be awhile before they are able to come back and help out and hang out with Alex.  Kaleen aka Alex's mom

2 comments:

  1. Alex, I hope you know how lucky you are to have grandparents that are willing to share so much of their time with you. (My mother lives less than 10 miles away from us and seldom sees my kids.) Even though you’ll miss them after they go home – they are always “there” with you! I feel badly for your grandmother.

    Although this update was more on the somber side I have to admit that I am still tickled that you, Alex, are plugging along with schoolwork and preparing for graduation! ALSO, you’re lucky to have your mom involved with your Grad Night party! Aren’t you totally JACKED?! My son’s graduation is coming up too, and I’m bummed that I cannot participate with his class’ party. (I used to coordinate large events before I was struck so I’m sure you can imagine how much it kills me to have to sit on the sidelines.)

    You have a lot of contradictory emotional stuff going on right now – graduation – YEA!, continuing rehab - Blah, family stuff - sniffle …… I hope you are talking to someone about how you’re feeling (not really something guys like to do). Please take my advice and give it all to someone else if you need to. Your main focus needs to remain on healing and retraining your nervous system. Remember, now is when it is most effective!

    Have you guys heard anything from Leslie or Dane? How’s he feeling? Remember that we’re here if you need anything!

    Lots of love to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love reading your comments Lara - thanks!!! You help me stay focused and are always able to see things from a different perspective that makes me smile. Thanks. Dane and clan came over last week to talk about our NY trip for the boys to appear on GMA and The Early Show, plans are coming together. GMA is flying out next week to shoot some B roll of the boys.
    Glad you Alex and Dane are continuing to get better.

    ReplyDelete

Alex on Wednesday, Oct.6

Alex on Wednesday, Oct.6

Dane Thursday Oct 7th

Dane Thursday Oct 7th
Before Life Support was removed

Alex's Room

Alex's Room
Thanks for all the love