Welcome friends and family of Alex and Dane!




This Blog has been created by friends and family of Alex and Dane as they make their way down the road to recovery, after being struck by lightning 10/5/2010. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers as this road will likely be a long one. Feel free to check back often for status updates on both Alex and Dane, and be sure and leave your well-wishes when you visit. The boys will be shown this blog when they are awake.

We sincerely Thank You for your concern and friendship. Alex and Dane will always remember the support of friends and family like you.

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

December 5th - 14 months later

I have a reminder set in my phone every 5th of the month at 3:03pm - it says Day of Strike.  I have it there to remind me how blessed I am that my son and Dane lived through their horrible accident on October 5, 2010 at Snow Canyon High School.

Yesterday I was at Lins Grocery store (where Dane works), my phone buzzed, I looked at it and saw my reminder; 3:03pm Day of Strike, then looked up and saw Dane walking towards me.  Still so amazed at both boys and how well they have recovered.  As I pulled out of Lins onto Sunset Blvd just past the Mountain America Credit Union all 5 lanes were blocked off with police cars, a fire truck and ambulance.  School had just let out I thought "I hope a Snow Canyon Student didnt get hit by a car".  Well, I found out today that a 17 yr old Boy was riding his bike home from school and he wrecked and hit his head on a Lava rock.  They Life Flighted him to UMC in Vegas where he later died.  My heart goes out to the family of this boy.  

1 comment:

  1. Your strength and leadership during this crisis has been a real inspiration to many of us who have been watching your journey. I am so glad to know you are all doing so well!

    ReplyDelete

Alex on Wednesday, Oct.6

Alex on Wednesday, Oct.6

Dane Thursday Oct 7th

Dane Thursday Oct 7th
Before Life Support was removed

Alex's Room

Alex's Room
Thanks for all the love