Welcome friends and family of Alex and Dane!




This Blog has been created by friends and family of Alex and Dane as they make their way down the road to recovery, after being struck by lightning 10/5/2010. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers as this road will likely be a long one. Feel free to check back often for status updates on both Alex and Dane, and be sure and leave your well-wishes when you visit. The boys will be shown this blog when they are awake.

We sincerely Thank You for your concern and friendship. Alex and Dane will always remember the support of friends and family like you.

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Tuesday 10-19-10 - Alex

I'm writing this from Home - Home Sweet Home - It will be even sweeter when I can bring Alex here.  I was fortunate enough to attend the Benefit Concert last night at Tuacahn.  WOW!!  What an amazing performance. There are so many talented people that donated their time and uplifted our souls last night.  Thanks to each of the performers, and thank you to Tuacahn for the use of your amazing theater. I was so torn to leave Alex but once I was shutlled backed, by some dear friends, sat down and looked around at my beautiful surroundings, I was able to enjoy the talent on stage.  Thank you for those that attended, preformed and took care of evey detail from lighs to sound. Thank you NHS for the snacks - I ate some great cookies!
It was so great to see Dane and his family.  I have SO missed them being with me at the hospital but SO glad they are home.  We will forever be part of each others lives.
Alex's dad, Step Dad and Grandpa are with Alex along with all the caring & gifted nurses at UMC.  I was told that last night was a little rough but better than they had expected.  The Neurologist came in last night and gave a positive report, Alex's brilliant brain is responding to the medicine and showing great improvment.  There is still  some slowing but the Dr was pleased with the results of his last EEG.
Prayers are continuing to be answered.  Thank you!!  Kaleen aka Alex's mom

6 comments:

  1. The benefit concert last night was amazing! I was so impressed with the talent that our youth displayed last night. They are an amazing group of kids. I hope you enjoy your time at home, when you get back to Alex give him a hug from us. I can't tell you enough how in awe I am at the strength your families have shown. You guys are exceptional and we are so glad to know you. This goes for Dane's family as well. Our love to all!
    The Davis Family

    ReplyDelete
  2. My name is Lara Eustermann. I'm in Boise, Idaho and survived a direct strike in 2007. I've sent messages to you and Alex and Dane via Facebook. (?) I want to make myself available to you if you need any information or want to compare notes regarding recovery. It sounds like you and your family are part of a wonderful and loving community. Dane and Alex now belong to an elite group of survivors that are willing to communicate about ANYTHING regarding their "accident". (I still don't know what to call it and I'm three years post-strike.) You can find me on Facebook or email me at: lara@eustermann.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alex I am glad to hear that you are improving everyday! Even though I don't know you... I do know your brother Kiel, and if you are as funny and nice as he is then you must be a pretty cool kid! Ha ha! Keep up the great progress and before you know it you will be home! We will continue to keep you in our prayer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kaleen, Yay for the positive report from the neurologist! I'm glad to hear surgery went well too! Last night's concert was awesome. I saw you walk in and thought that was you but I thought "Nah, she said she wasn't coming" but I'm glad you did. The performances were wonderful and so many beautifully heartfelt songs were chosen. I loved what you said about you and your husband not being surprised about your community. I think it was before you got there but somebody performed "Stand by Me" and I thought "oh yes, this is for the families, this is what we do here in our little corner of Utah!" I also thought it was very touching what Chris said about living with a healthcare professional and how they always wonder if they did everything right and in this case yes, the first responders and health care professionals did everything right. That was cool. Anyway, please continue to let all of us know how we can "stand by you" and help. We're going to Iggy's Saturday, Red Robin the following Monday... your entire community is standing up to be by your side so just let us know whatever you need! *hugs & prayers*
    Kristy (Goodrich)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alex,
    You don't know me, but you may know my husband (Bill Barlow) from young men's. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know we are all praying for you & pulling for you. Even the littlest members of the ward are praying for you. I teach the 6 & 7 year old kids in Primary. This past Sunday in our closing prayer, one of the little girls asked that you be watched over & blessed. I thought that was so sweet. So just know that we all are thinking about you and hoping you make a quick recovery. Keep the faith!

    Staci Barlow

    ReplyDelete
  6. A Santa Clara ParentOctober 19, 2010 at 8:12 PM

    Keep getting well Alex and Dane. Our prayers are with you. I pray Alex can relax and heal and join Dane back at home so they both can continue to heal. Take Care

    ReplyDelete

Alex on Wednesday, Oct.6

Alex on Wednesday, Oct.6

Dane Thursday Oct 7th

Dane Thursday Oct 7th
Before Life Support was removed

Alex's Room

Alex's Room
Thanks for all the love