Welcome friends and family of Alex and Dane!




This Blog has been created by friends and family of Alex and Dane as they make their way down the road to recovery, after being struck by lightning 10/5/2010. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers as this road will likely be a long one. Feel free to check back often for status updates on both Alex and Dane, and be sure and leave your well-wishes when you visit. The boys will be shown this blog when they are awake.

We sincerely Thank You for your concern and friendship. Alex and Dane will always remember the support of friends and family like you.

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Ditto

I read Leslie's Post and want to Ditto what she said.  She said it beautifully!!!

This Thanksgiving Day I want to Thank our Heavenly Father for my family, I'm so grateful for each one of them.  They each bring so much joy into my life, I had an awesome day with my family.  Alex got to come home for a few hours, It was nice to all be together.
Thanks for all the PT's, CNA's, Nurses and Doctors that worked with Alex today, that left their families in order to help Alex.  He's doing better everyday.  Microsoft's PR heard about Alex and Dane from a piece on Good Morning America, they shipped both boys a new Xbox 360 -Glossy black.  One more thing to be thankful for  :)
Enjoy the holiday - Kaleen aka Alex's mom

2 comments:

  1. They both look so good! It is hard to imagine what power a bolt of electricity has! Are they feeling any different? (do they have any special powers?) Also, Dane looks to have a girlfriend, does Alex? What do their friends think of all this? I just heard about this and am just amazed by all of it! I'll keep watching to see whats happening. Caio!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving Microsoft's PR department!! Playing XBOX will be such good therapy for both boys' brains and Alex's hands!! Super cool gift!

    Alex,
    Glad to hear you got a pass for Thanksgiving. There's nothing quite like home cooking and the love of family! I couldn't handle my first family gathering (which was Thanksgiving) after my strike. All of the people and conversations were too much for my brain. I ended up crying at the dinner table and had to go home. I hope your holiday tolerance was better than mine!

    Dane,
    I hope you had a HUGE mound of butter-laden mashed potatoes yesterday! And, I hope you're feeling well.

    Parents,
    Thank you for posting all the photos of the boys! I'm a big fan of their recovery!

    Lots of "virtual" hugs and good thoughts for you all.

    ReplyDelete

Alex on Wednesday, Oct.6

Alex on Wednesday, Oct.6

Dane Thursday Oct 7th

Dane Thursday Oct 7th
Before Life Support was removed

Alex's Room

Alex's Room
Thanks for all the love