Welcome friends and family of Alex and Dane!




This Blog has been created by friends and family of Alex and Dane as they make their way down the road to recovery, after being struck by lightning 10/5/2010. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers as this road will likely be a long one. Feel free to check back often for status updates on both Alex and Dane, and be sure and leave your well-wishes when you visit. The boys will be shown this blog when they are awake.

We sincerely Thank You for your concern and friendship. Alex and Dane will always remember the support of friends and family like you.

Monday, November 1, 2010

Monday November 1, 2010

Tonight is the Anniversary eve of the Strike - I think back to what we were doing 4 weeks ago.  It was Family Night and raining, Alex's 2 younger brothers were in their bathing suits playing football in the street.  Parker, ran into the house and said "Mom can I get struck by lightning?"  I replied "well technically you could, but you wont"  he smiled and ran back out into the rain and finished playing.  Less than 24 hours later I got "the call" telling me that Alex had been struck by lightning. The Principle told me he was with another boy, and I wasn't too surprised when I heard it was Dane.  Alex and Dane were always together.  I've tried to Thank everyone that has helped us and him (from meals, rides nursing care, doctors, EMT's, teachers, students etc), but as I read this blog, I keep finding out that there are SO many more people out there that have helped with Alex's progress.  And Progress is what he is doing.  He is getting better every day.  He is determined to be out of the hospital in 2 weeks.  He's getting great training and has a positive outlook, he just might make his goal.  Thank you for everything you have done and will do.  I'm grateful this tragedy has brought so much good.  People bonding together.  Thank you!  Kaleen aka Alex's mom

2 comments:

  1. So happy to hear of the continued progress of both the boys. They are constantly in our families thoughts and prayers. Keep moving forward. Bless you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both boys will CONTINUE, CONTINUE, and CONTINUE to get better. Kick each and every challenge to the curb and yell, "REALLY?" to every hurdle! Those bumps in your respective recovery are just that.... bumps. You've already done the hard stuff. The rest is gravy.

    I think of you both EVERY day! When my kids ask me what I'm doing when I head over to my computer, the response that they often hear is, "I'm checking on Alex and Dane."

    Oodles of love to you both!

    ReplyDelete

Alex on Wednesday, Oct.6

Alex on Wednesday, Oct.6

Dane Thursday Oct 7th

Dane Thursday Oct 7th
Before Life Support was removed

Alex's Room

Alex's Room
Thanks for all the love