Welcome friends and family of Alex and Dane!




This Blog has been created by friends and family of Alex and Dane as they make their way down the road to recovery, after being struck by lightning 10/5/2010. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers as this road will likely be a long one. Feel free to check back often for status updates on both Alex and Dane, and be sure and leave your well-wishes when you visit. The boys will be shown this blog when they are awake.

We sincerely Thank You for your concern and friendship. Alex and Dane will always remember the support of friends and family like you.

Thursday, November 4, 2010

The Early Show

Since "The Strike" all forms of the media have wanted "the boys".  We as parents decided to let the boys chose what National Morning Show they would appear on.  All 3 Networks have been in contact with us, and it looks like as soon as Alex is up to traveling we will go to New York to appear live on Good Morning America (http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/).  The Early Show will air the boys from a previously taped interview that will air the same day as GMA.
However, today a crew from The Early Show is in town filming (not the boys). They are doing a Health Segment on Lightning tomorrow- informing viewers how important those first few minutes are after a strike. They are speaking with teachers, doctors and moms today.   Tune in Friday November 5th to CBS to see how you can help save a life.

PS - Alex moved both of his pinky's yesterday.  Huge Success!!!!!!!!!!  Kaleen aka Alex's mom

My family room turned into a TV set

The Early Show is an American television morning news talk show broadcast by CBS from New York City. The program airs from 7 to 9 a.m. Monday through Friday Eastern Time. It airs live on most affiliates in the Eastern and Central Time Zones, but is tape delayed in the Mountain and Pacific Time ZonesThe Early Show features news pieces, weather, celebrity interviews and light entertainment. Having premiered on November 1, 1999, it is the youngest of the major networks' morning shows. The show airs as a division of CBS News.  From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

7 comments:

  1. Can I be the first to ask for autographs??? :)

    Congrats on the big pinkie accomplishment! Can't wait to hear more good news! Keep up the good work, Alex! Hope Dane is making some good progress too!

    Love,

    The Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex seemed way stoked about him being able to move his pinkies yesterday. Next it's both his thumbs so he can play xbox ;]

    -Nathan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome opportunities!! This is really important! The more press lightning strikes receive the more lives you can save! I'm so proud of you guys for being willing to tell the world your story.

    New York is awesome to visit. The Today Show flew us out twice. The first time I was still in a wheelchair and I must admit New York does not look very good from "butt-level". However, the second time I was able to walk ... sort of, and it was much more enjoyable.

    The shopping is fantastic! Go to FAO Schwartz! The museums are terrific. The cab drivers ... not so much. I learned to just close my eyes. You'll see what I mean. :)

    I'm super excited for you all!

    The pinkie movement is extraordinary! This is where it starts. From the time I moved my finger for the first time - a little more than a month later and I was moving everything. It takes awhile longer to walk, but it will come. Be patient, be strong, be tenacious!

    WOO HOO!! (smiling)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im so glad to hear Alex is getting better ever since I heard about this ive been super worried I wish I lived closer to come visit I know my mom keeps him in her prayers Alex was always her favorite out of any of my friends.
    love you Alex get better
    -bri

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can understand how important something like moving pinkies can be... I had Guillian Barre Syndrome when I was 17 and I was completely paralyzed, I couldn't move my eye brows, blink or anything... The first time I was able to close my eyes on my own, I was so happy and made my now husband, boyfriend then, call everyone and let them know I can open my eyes... Congratulations and you are all in my prayers... Every step is a positive step... It's awesome also on being able to share your experience with others... I am sure you will be helping many by sharing... Psalm 46:1

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am extremely happy to hear about the boys recoveries! It will be a long road, But God never said life would be easy, He only promises that it will be worth it! Keep working, We're all praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We'll be going to the benefit for you guys at the electric theater tomorrow night. Lets rock the place!

    ReplyDelete

Alex on Wednesday, Oct.6

Alex on Wednesday, Oct.6

Dane Thursday Oct 7th

Dane Thursday Oct 7th
Before Life Support was removed

Alex's Room

Alex's Room
Thanks for all the love